This Design Project Manager is responsible for partnering with multiple teams, departments, and vendors to design, create, and implement project elements, process, and timelines. This role is familiar with material uses and understands design needs – including store layout design, fixture design and how the product will fit and align with fixture goals. Must be able to communicate the need, the solve, and the implementation to a broader group. Clear, concise communication is required to be successful in this role. Understanding of budgets, timelines, quality, and design details is key. This role will directly report to the Director of Design and Construction.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Partner with procurement to ensure accurate and timely ordering of furniture, fixtures, signage, and misc. design elements. Assist in developing concepts and designs for new design initiatives, including store fixtures, signage, and other elements.
· Review existing instore FF&E and Signage that may need updates, or review related to product changes or budget concerns to save money.
· Manage design process and timelines, whether prototype or production, from inception through install. Follow up on FF&E after installs to receive feedback related to product sales and customer interaction.
· Create the design and architectural timelines for each project to include schematic layout, coordination with Landlord, architect, and vendors, including the review of shop drawings, and manage project design schedule and budget.
· Ensure design changes are captured for projects, drawings, specifications, and design criteria is updated and revised accordingly.
· Responsible for communication to internal and external partners as required for initiatives, changes, process, and timelines.
· Manage fixture and overall design schedules and work directly with fixture manufacturers and vendors to ensure timely and accurate delivery, quality and consistent fixture designs, and FF&E components.
· Serve as the prototype design expert at project level and resolves all site-specific design issues.
· Ensures designs are properly executed at the project level.
· Works with project architect to ensure design drawings meet specifications.
· Verifies site specific layouts against store conditions.
· Reviews and approves shop drawings.
· Visits project sites to ensure proper installation of fixtures and design elements.
· Inspects quality of and provides feedback to fixture vendors.
· Reviews and approves exterior signage submittals for all assigned projects.
· Ensures all visual site lines and design elements are consistent with brand standards.
· Manages the construction document preparation for assigned projects.
· Manages resolution of design issues through a project’s development.
• Bachelor’s degree in Architectural, Engineering, Construction Field, or relevant experience
• 5+ years of experience in Architecture, Engineering, Construction or Design.
• Exceptional ability to influence others and drive results.
• Customer service focus and solid judgment skills.
• Ability to appropriately analyze and solve complex problems.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong detail orientation, organization, and time management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• High level of proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
• Remote but traveling to 25%
Project Management Engineering Design
Due to the novel coronavirus/Covid-19, the Retail Design Institute has waived membership fees and dues through May 31, 2021 for new members. Stay informed, stay connected and receive all the benefits of Retail Design Institute membership through May 31, 2021. Please use discount code 2020free when signing up. *All prospective members will be vetted according to the Institute's stated membership criteria.