Showfields is looking for bright, enthusiastic and talented Visual designer/ Producer passionate about artfully developping new pop up concepts from start to finish, from 3D visualization, to fabtication management and installation/ merchandising and storytelling and can confidently translate designs with the right technical skills, seamlessly marry aesthetics, brand identity, functionality and experience in a fast paced, highly creative environment. We are a groundbreaking retail concept hosting a variety of brands and art, that rotate and change on an ongoing basis. We design and execute the concepts for each brand experience and art exhibit. The Ideal candidate will have experience in carrying creative direction through various location types, channels and formats (pop up built out, in-store activations, events, digital etc.), good knowledge of fashion/design/art industry and trends, and a lot of the ‘je ne sais quoi’ that will make for an amazing teammate.
– Hand sketching skills
– Researching visual / audio / materials and techniques references
– Graphic design / artwork skills for environment graphics production
– 3D Modeling conceptual of environment and spatial designs
– Conduct site surveys, recording information to be modeled
– Preparing 3D models with materials and lighting for rendering
– Ability to read, understand and interpret technical drawings
– A strong Understanding of materials, innovation, upcycling, recycling and construction
– Produce technical decks for vendor/ fabrication purposes.
– Liaise and communicate effectively with clients and producers
– Good time management skills are a must! Working with tight deadlines, fast turnarounds while remaining good under pressure
– Team player, eager to help and contribute
– Excellent communication skills, and ability to effectively present to clients and direct vendors on clear deliverables.
– Understanding product storytelling & Visual merchandising, curation skills a plus
– Enjoy all that comes with a start up life including having a drink or pulling an overnight to make sure the build out can execute seamlessly.
– Be able to have a sense of humor, and make light out of a variety of situations
– Be a go getter with great relationships and resources who knows how to prioritize and get things done.
– A highly creative problem solver, knowledgable about key industry trends in design, fashion, retail, hospitality.
– Retail/Visual industry is essential
Production management of 3 D build outs, and environmental graphics.
Understanding of fabrication. techniques and costs, budget management
Design degree not essential, but a plus
A fine arts, applied arts, or design and architectural background.Installation experience is preferred.
– Adobe Suite
– Sketchup – Sketchup
– Rhino (preferred)
Competitive Salary dependent on experience.
Due to the novel coronavirus/Covid-19, the Retail Design Institute has waived membership fees and dues through May 31, 2021 for new members. Stay informed, stay connected and receive all the benefits of Retail Design Institute membership through May 31, 2021. Please use discount code 2020free when signing up. *All prospective members will be vetted according to the Institute's stated membership criteria.