The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of execution of capital project improvements including, but not limited to, new locations, relocations, expansions, and remodels. Plan, organize, manage, and execute projects from beginning to end. Accomplishes project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities.
The Project Manager works closely with corporate and regional teams (Retail, Wholesale, Finance, Admin, Visual Merchandising, Logistics, IT, Asset Protection, Facilities) to ensure the correct development of all project aspects. The Manager is also responsible for contracting and managing external consultants including local architects, engineers, contractors, direct vendors and responsible to handle costs, scheduling, and quality of projects throughout the entire process of planning and construction.
· Supervise and coordinate all architectural and construction activities involved with the renovation or creation of a new, outlet or wholesale store. Oversee technical work, time, cost & quality control from inception to completion
· Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets.
· Establish contact with landlord’s team to obtain drawings, timing, guidelines and all other necessary start up information
· Coordinate with corporate designers to prepare lay-outs and design documentation. Organize internal review with all corporate and local teams involved
· Prepare project schedules and cost reports to update internal teams regularly, parallel to the project development
· Organize bidding and award of all direct vendors orders, supervise all activities, deliverables, and outcomes
· Organize general contractors and millwork contractors bidding. Evaluate tender documents, offers, and coordinate works assignment
· Review consultant, architectural and contractor’s drawings to ensure consistence with project and concept, from preliminary submission through shop drawings
· Visit construction sites and prepare reports (from layout to punch list completion and opening) to ensure quality of building construction and millwork installation, identifying outstanding issues and ensuring appropriate follow-up
· Manage project close out process including collecting as-built & record set drawings, obtain final lien waivers and certificates, collect owner’s manuals, finalize financial account closures, and address warranty repairs if needed
· Manage documents for tenant allowance collection
· 7+ years experience, luxury retail experience a plus
· Bachelor’s degree in architecture or related field
· Highly motivated self-starter with a passion for retail design
Must possess the ability to work independently and set priorities with minimal supervision
· Proven track record of driving (budget and schedule) results within fast-paced environment
Excellent communication skills (oral and written) and a demonstrated working knowledge) of computer systems and software (MS Office, Project, Autocad)
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to mitigate project risks
Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize changing deadlines
Highly organized and efficient with time management
Understanding of key lease documents and Landlord Work Letter exhibits
Ability to travel 25% – 50% of time
· Please see “requirements” above.
· Physical requirements: This position involves constant moving, walking, talking, hearing, reaching, grabbing, sitting; may occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching and climbing step stools. May involve lifting of least 10-15 lbs.
· Regular and reliable attendance, normally on a 5-day-a-week, full time schedule (35 hours);
Luxury Goods & Jewelry
Sales Business Development Management
Due to the novel coronavirus/Covid-19, the Retail Design Institute has waived membership fees and dues through May 31, 2021 for new members. Stay informed, stay connected and receive all the benefits of Retail Design Institute membership through May 31, 2021. Please use discount code 2020free when signing up. *All prospective members will be vetted according to the Institute's stated membership criteria.