Little, recognized as a “Best Firm to Work For” and one of North America’s most progressive design firms, is seeking a Retail Design Principal with a positive, collaborative work style, who will lead the design of our projects in our Retail Practice Group nationally. The candidate should demonstrate a passion for high-quality design and a positive, collaborative work style. He/she will be responsible for the concept and development of retail design projects that create unique store experiences across multiple sectors, including grocery, banking, apparel, specialty and home improvement/ big box. This person will have proven business development & leadership skills in order to grow the studio, focusing the efforts of the retail design team by guiding and mentoring team members within each of the retail studios.
A candidate we’ll love:
• If you are a talented designer recognized in your field and creative problem solver with deep experience in a wide variety of retail design projects
• If you are knowledgeable of and are an advocate for sustainable and wellness design strategies and implementation
• If you’re good with people – you are an empathetic listener, genuinely interested in people, and are able to build followership among clients and teammates, alike.
• If you’re a great communicator – you are great at simplifying complex ideas and relating them in a way that people understand, and you’re able to understand what other people are really saying.
• If you’re a good coach – even though you will lead design, you understand that sometimes you will be working through others to achieve the goal. You are patient and a good teacher.
• If you have fun while you work and you’re fun to work with. A position you’ll love:
• If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference leading design in our Retail practice, working directly with our clients and the project team.
• If you enjoy working side-by-side with other studio leaders to execute the strategic plan to advance the office through the growth of various studios and our client mix.
• If you’re a thought leader, looking for opportunities to uncover break through ideas that matter to your client and those they serve.
• If you want to help shape the evolution of design in the firm by collaborating with your Design Principal partners in other practices, studios and offices.
• If you’re interested in working with a diversely talented design firm ranked within the Top 10 design firms in the US with the backing of diverse in-house resources. Ideal candidates will have the following Qualifications:
• License or certification in your field (Architecture, Interior Architecture, or Interior Design) • At least 10 years of experience in the architecture & design industry;
• Deep retail design experience with evidence of a multidisciplinary design approach that integrates brand strategy, visual merchandising, environmental graphics and digital technologies
• Excellent Revit, Autocad, SketchUp and/or other design software skills. Our culture is energetic, collaborative, and open. We thrive on diversity – thought diversity, experience diversity, people diversity.
We value people who are fun to work with and who positively impact those around them. We are proud to offer outstanding benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities. We are committed to creating a better world through sustainable, resilient & regenerative design, and we welcome people with similar experiences and/or passions. To learn more about Little, please visit us at www.littleonline.com.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume and portfolio to: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/LIT1004LDAC/JobBoard/30702fd2-636e-4886-b1ce-4fc3b07e37ec/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=271ab165-91c1-495e-99f3-764a620ad4f3
Little is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Little prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Little is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
To request a reasonable accommodation, contact [email protected] or a member of our HR Team.