SERVING THE INDUSTRY
What does the Retail Design Institute provide its members?
- Facilitates regular meetings with peers and exploration of specific issues relating to the profession;
- Promotes and informs about international design competitions which are open to members. Promotes your work;: winning entries in design competitions are published in internationally recognized store design magazines, displayed at trade shows and awarded prizes at our major industry events;
- Assists in the development of standard curricula for students of store planning and design;
- Recognizes and encourages excellence in store planning and retail design
- Provides exposure to local. national and international trends in store planning and retail design through presentations by other design professionals and contractors, tours, and web links
- Participates in international trade shows and conferences;
- Maintains a detailed website with access to all Chapters, identifying events, trends and initiatives and provides the oppportunity in our Member Profiles section for Members to promote their companies on the Institute website
- Provides a directory of members which is available to all retailers needing help with finding a retail designer, store planner, design firm and other trade members
James Farnell chats with Mike Wittenstein of Storyminers on the value of Customer Experience Design
RESOURCES AND OPPORTUNITIES
What does Membership provide to me?
- Contact with others in the industry ; as like minded individuals, to develop friendships and professional alliances, to get inside running of employment opportunities and for open and supportive discussions about key business isssues
- Networking at Institute events in a “no pressure” environment. Network with potential clients for design comissions, specification of products. Network with your peers such as established designers, and other owners of design businesses. Network with potential new customers.
- Access to the Institute website information about emerging trends, events and initiatives, sponsored advertising of products and services and employment opportunities.
- Discounts/Promotions Institute website advertising, published products/services, magazine subscriptions and retail tours/conferences
- Employment Opportunities- Job search, job postings available on the website
- Educational Opportunities – Competitive knowledge- market intelligence, information on trends, notice of scholarships/grants etc, event information – conferences, seminars and business expansion plans
It’s membership renewal season. Meet the board & hear from fellow members why you should consider renewing or joining the Retail Design Institute!